So today I thought I would throw up a quick recipe! I don’t have a great track record with Scones, I love them yet despite being heralded as an easy thing to bake I tend to end up with rock hard cakes that don’t really taste that great. I’m not sure where I go wrong but after enjoying my Nana’s scones time and time again I finally asked her for her recipe and was pleasantly surprised to receive what appeared to be even easier than other scone recipes. So, don’t b e scared by the use of lemonade as these scones come out amazingly fluffy and tasty. My poor photos aren’t the best communicators of deliciousness but with such cheap ingredients I think you should just give it a try!
4 Cups self raising flour
300mL of cream
1 Can of Lemonade (approx 330mL)
1/2 tsp of salt
- Preheat the oven the 220 degrees Celsius
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Lightly cover a chopping board/smooth counter-top with some flour
- Tip dough onto board and lightly knead (be careful not to do this too much)
- Cut the dough into squares that are about 5cm thick and place onto a baking tray that is either well greased or lined with baking paper
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes
- Serve with Jam and Cream (I totally failed at this step when I realized there was zero jam in my house…)
Seriously simple and delightfully delicious (yup I remember my classes on alliteration and that stuff in English classes!!)
Please try these and let me know how it goes!