So I don’t normally do empties posts and to be honest am still second guessing this but I enjoy reading other peoples and what is a blog good for if I can’t try things out? I don’t use heaps of makeup and beauty items so this is less of a monthly empties and more a every couple of months or so but we’ll see how it goes
1. Health Basics Nourish Nail Polish Remover: This is my go to nail polish remover because it is cheap (around $3) but works well. Contains acetone which is a must for me as I don’t want to spend forever trying to scrub off my polish but I don’t find it super drying and just make sure I moisturize my hands and cuticles after. Repurchase? Yup!
2. OPI Top Coat: So I liked this for a while but as you can see there is a bit left that is almost impossible to use and bubbles like crazy once I get it out anyway. Before it went bad I found it did a fine job but considering its $25 price tag I think their are better alternatives. Repurchase? Nope.
3. Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream with Colloidal Oatmeal: I was so sad when I finished this! I thought this handcream was perfection. Extremely hydrating and not at all too greasy. One of the few handcreams that would last me through all sorts of handwashing and dishes and still leave my hands feeling hydrated. No fragrance but that means it was perfect for my sensitive skin. At around $8 it’s reasonably priced so I will definitely repurchase.
4. Lucas PawPaw Ointment: Everyone and their Great Aunt knows about this miracle product. Although I go through phases with this pawpaw ointment I always have one on hand and lately it has become another handbag essential. Although there are other brands I personally love this one and don’t care particularly about its criticisms so long as I feel it works for me. Repurchase? Already had a spare one lined up!
5. Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner: This was okay but not my favorite eye liner. I find others a bit easier to use like the Maybelline Liquid precise (or something) so a repurchase is probably not on the cards.
6. Garnier SOS Repairing Hand Cream: So in case you haven’t gathered I love hand cream. I get eczema especially when I’m stressed and my hands often get very dry and red. So a good handcream that won’t cause further irritation is an essential. This one was fine, cheap at around $4 but the moisture wasn’t super long lasting and with a few out there I like better (see above) I probably won’t bother repurchasing.
7. Pantene Pro-V Night Miracle Leave On Cream Serum: I don’t use many hair products if any at all other than shampoo and conditioner but this is something I bought on a whim, as you do, and it was pretty good. Using it as an overnight leave in serum, especially on my dry ends, made them a bit more manageable in the morning but it was nothing mind blowing. Repurchase? Maybe if I see it on special but will probably try something different instead.
Well that’s it! Let me know what you think of these posts and whether they are worth doing? I know some people will have no time for beauty blogs but I enjoy tuning out from life to indulge in some shallow beauty posts 😉
Hope you are all having a lovely week