Edd and I leave for our “honeymoon” tonight yay!! The location remains top secret…well actually its just us on a mini road trip around a few locations up North of Auckland like Paihia, Hokianga and KeriKeri for a week and I’m Excited!!!
But here a couple of quick things that made me smile last week
This is Spider. Once Boris the Russian rabbit comes out of his hutch in the morning to reign over my Mum’s back yard along with the duck and chickens and everything else Spider likes to take over the hutch as his sunny sleep space. This seemed rather strange to me but according to Instagram Spider is not the only cat who likes to do this. Bizarre…
On Saturday Edd and I went with my gorgeous Sister and three dogs to one of the West Coast beaches near Waiuku (Kariatahe? I definitely spelt that wrong). This is Cookie who doesn’t need someone to walk her, she can do it herself!
The Wild West Coast. I rather adore it.
Also this weekend Mr 5 demonstrated his amazing bike abilities. I would like to take a moment to express my anguish that for me learning to ride a bike took many weeks and many bloody injuries whilst Mr 5 jumped on and was off on his first go. What?! No traumatic accidents? No weeks of feeling inadequate with three wheels when failing at two? I would be upset if I wasn’t so immensely proud!
Speaking of proud, I helped Mr 11 get to grips with my favorite but slightly fiddly cinnamon scroll recipe (which I should share on here ASAP) and they turned out better than when I make them alone! He is a budding chef I tell you! He also made us nachos for lunch which were divine. But not quite as heavenly as these tasty cinnamon morsels.
I just can’t handle the cuteness. I can’t.
Other smile worthy pieces of my week:
- This video that Edd sent me made me laugh! I love using emojis and kind of wish I could insert them into real conversations…but that’s a bit crazy…
- Sloths always make me smile…like this one
- Also Edd wants me to train Callie to do these tricks! I wish I could but I swear Callie is one of THE stubbornest animals I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Watch the video! So Cute! Bang!!
- New Zealand got a little closer to marriage equality
- Joined Goodreads and LOVE it! Come be my book buddy!! Find me under Lizzy Weaver (Lockhart)
- I also got a giant nail polish package (well by giant there was 6 and it was pretty small but very exciting all the same!). I may do a nail polish haul next week once I am home
- I’ll finish with a quote I saw somewhere and loved: “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” ― C.S. Lewis
That’s my round up for some good things from last week. I don’t have many planned posts while I am away so sorry if my blogging presence is a bit scarce for the next week
A lot of my happy moments are taken in instagram photos so come follow me there (Username: lizzyjlockhart).