So on this Thursday after a day off work due to relentless migraines/headaches I feel a little like the guy below but don’t look quite so cute. The beginning of this week was less grim with the Auckland book launch for Laura’s amazing cookbook. Meeting her was awesome and spending the subsequent evenings pouring over her cookbook was great. If you haven’t checked out her blog or her cookbook, hungry and frozen, then do!
Today I also bring you my October glam pack from Sample Bar and the goodies inside. This month’s box came a week or so ago so I am a little delayed but better late then never. This month’s box was actually pretty great and well worth the $25.
1. Rosehip Gentle Foaming Cleanser by Essano. I received two 30mL bottles of this soap-free cleanser which contains rosehip oil and other nice and natural ingredients to both cleanse and moisturize the skin without drying it out. I have high hopes for this and am thinking that due to the oils and the natural ingredients it won’t irritate my sensitive skin but I will have to just wait and see. The smell is strange and sweet but not in an unpleasant way, just not what I expected. A full size 140mL will cost you a pretty reasonable $14.99 and can be found at supermarkets which is pretty handy.
2. Dots Laundry Powder. So before we get annoyed that they sent us a washing powder in a beauty sample pack this was a bonus product, so not a part of the 5 proper makeup/beauty samples. Am I super excited by this….no, but it might come in handy.The price for the normal packs range from $6.99-$13.99 at supermarkets.
3, Youngblood Vixen mini lipstick. I love the idea of mini lipsticks so to get a beautiful red one that I can keep in my purse if I decide to pop on a red lip half way through the day of after work before going out is great! This is a blend of natural oils and vitamins which sounds good and is a beautiful true red that is sort of matte. A great product for a sample box in my opinion. These retail for $43.50 for a full size which is pretty expensive for my little wallet.
4. Matte Eyeshadow by Couleur Caramel. Another awesome product this month was this matte eyeshadow that is a beautiful light natural brown colour that would make a great base shadow. Doesn’t seem super pigmented but is buttery and the colour is one I know I will use often. I don’t know how much these eyeshadows retail for but their range of products ranges from $20-$50 approx. I would love to see what some of their other vegan, cruelty free products are like. All of their makeup is also chemical free (not sure how that works) and fair trade. The recyclable packaging is great too!
5. Angel Orange Flower Shampoo and Hairmask. I have never heard of this hair brand (but that isn’t saying much, hair care is not my strength) but am looking forward to trying out these two products. Only downside is that they are for coloured hair so I may have to wait until I have a colour to try and lock in. I hope they smell good… These are $39 each.
6. Pure Fiji Hydrating Guava Body Lotion. Last up we received a small sample of a body lotion from Pure Fiji which is a brand I adore. The best thing about this is the amazing scent which I love about any of these Fijian products. The guava and coconut are a beautiful combination and this will be great as a moisturizer to keep in my handbag for any dryness. The full size moisturizer is $350mL and will cost you $49 which could potentially be worth it just because it smells divine. Yum.
So all up one of my favourite boxes and what I wish every month was more like. A great range of different products and most of them well suited for me.
Hope you guys are having a great week! I shall leave you with a photo of Callie who was pretty interested in what we were doing and wanted to do some modelling of her own. Such a beautiful girl and who doesn’t love a little chiaroscuro.